These apple and cinnamon muffins are mini mouthfuls of Autumn. Full of delicious apples, these super moist muffins make a perfect make ahead breakfast and are so easy to make. They’re a great way to sneak some more fruit into the kids as well!
I like to bake my apple muffins using Pink Lady apples, but use whatever you have to hand. We have a couple of apple trees in the garden and I sometimes bake with the fruit from those. They’re only baby trees though, so some years we don’t have a huge crop and it’s hard to get to the apples before the blackbirds!
If you don’t want to make muffins, you could also make this into an apple and cinnamon cake with a delicious toffee glaze – you could also top the muffins with the toffee glaze. I wish I’d thought of that sooner!
Here’s the easy recipe for apple and cinnamon muffins for you to try.
Psst…see those links? They’re Amazon affiliate links – if you click them and purchase something, I may get a tiny commission (enough for a cuppa, maybe? ☕️) at no cost to you. I only recommend products I genuinely love, so you’re in good hands!
Easy Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
- Apple Corer/Peeler
- 175 grams light brown sugar
- 175 grams Stork or butter softened
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 apples cored, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas4. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases and set to one side.
- Add the Stork or butter and sugar into a mixing bowl or stand mixer, and beat them together until they’re light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl or jug, crack the eggs and whisk gently. Add the eggs to the Stork and sugar, and mix well.
- Peel, core and grate the apples. Add the grated apple to the mixture and incorporate well.
- Add the flour and cinnamon. Mix until only just combined – be careful not to overmix.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, carefully divide the mixture between the 12 muffin wrappers. They should be filled around 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the muffins are baked. They'll be golden brown on top and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy!
These easy muffins are a great recipe to bake with kids, and they’ll love these muffins as a snack.
Add a streusel topping for extra crunch