If you need a recipe for some delicious autumnal cookies, why not try these easy maple pecan cookies? The sweetness of the maple syrup works perfectly with the pecans and helps to create a wonderfully soft and crumbly cookie, perfect with a glass of milk or cup of tea. Best of all, these cookies are so quick and easy to make, and the kids will love them too!
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Maple Pecan Cookies?
To make these delicious cookies you will need butter, light brown sugar, caster sugar, 2 eggs, plain flour, baking powder, salt, maple syrup, pecans, cinnamon, vanilla extract.
Easy Maple Pecan Cookies
- 225 grams unsalted butter softened
- 160 grams light brown sugar
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 320 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 50 grams chopped pecans
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF or 175 ºC. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and put to one side for now.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer cream together your butter and the sugars until smooth.
- Crack the eggs in a separate jug and add into the mix, along with the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add your flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the maple syrup and chopped pecans to the mix and combine thoroughly.
- Using an ice cream scoop or melon baller (or even just spoons if you don't have these to hand), scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. They will spread when baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes for super chewy cookies.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Can I freeze cookie dough?
You can freeze the cookie dough for up to three months – just allow it to thaw and bake. You can also freeze the cookies after they are baked for up to three months – although they go pretty fast in our house!
How do I get chewy cookies?
To get chewy cookies, bake them for 12 minutes as opposed to 13 minutes. They’ll be soft and gooey when they leave the oven but will firm up as they cool down.
Easy Cookie Recipes
For more easy cookie recipes, you might like to try: