These easy honey and lavender shortbread cookies are soft, buttery and delicious and are so quick to make! Using dried lavender adds a lovely summery floral note, and the shortbread has a delicious hint of honey.
Your home will be filled with the scent of lavender while these little biscuits bake!
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Honey and Lavender Shortbread Cookies?
To make these easy honey lavender cookies you will need unsated, butter, caster sugar, plain flour, honey and dried lavender.
Easy Honey and Lavender Shortbread
- Baking Sheet
- Greaseproof Paper
- Cookie Cutters of Your Choice
- 125 grams butter softened
- 60 grams caster sugar plus extra for dusting
- 180 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and put to one side for now.
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. Mix together until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Add the flour and combine to get a smooth paste. It may look a little crumbly, but it will hold together. Add the honey and the lavender.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out your dough to approximately 0.5cm (1/4 an inch) thick.
- Using a cutter, cut into 10-12 rounds and place on the baking sheet. You'll probably end up with one biscuit made up of the leftovers from the rest – this is my favourite as it's always the first to get eaten!
- Put the biscuits in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm up. Preheat the oven to 330 ºF or 165 ºC.
- Sprinkle some caster sugar on the top, and then pop in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- When they're ready, remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
You might also like to try some other shortbread biscuit recipes including this easy Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread recipe or this Simple Shortbread Recipe.
Shortbread is a really versatile base for a biscuit – add chocolate chips, peanuts and a milk chocolate drizzle, cranberries and white chocolate – there are so many flavour combinations!
Can I use fresh lavender?
I don’t see why not! Just be sure to give it a good wash and dry thoroughly before adding to your biscuit mix. You don’t want to add any extra protein in the way of insects to your biscuits!
How Long Will These Cookies Store?
Pop them in an airtight box and these cookies should be good for 3-5 days after baking.
You might like these cookie recipes: