Chocolate chip muffins are a staple – these are so easy to bake and make a great lunchbox treat or afternoon snack. These muffins are soft, light and fluffy and taste delicious!
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins?
To make this easy chocolate chip muffin recipe you will need: unsalted butter, caster sugar, 2 eggs, vanilla extract, plain flour, salt, baking powder, milk, semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preheat oven to 350°F or 175ºC.
In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
Next, add one egg at a time and incorporate each well.
Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl.
Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
Line a muffin tin with muffin cups or grease with non stick cooking spray.
Fill each muffin cup up ¾ of the way full with batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown and when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean.
Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Simple Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 240 grams plain flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 mililitres milk
- 255 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 175ºC.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Next, add one egg at a time and incorporate before adding the second egg.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder and mix until just combined. Take care not to overmix.
- Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups or grease with non stick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin up ¾ of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and when a toothpick is inserted. it comes out clean.
How Long Do These Muffins Store?
Stored in an air tight container, these pumpkin muffins should last for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the muffins – simply pop them in a tub and they should keep for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw out before eating – they should take about an hour. Be aware that freezing and thawing muffins may cause the muffin wrappers to peel away from the actual muffins however.