We all know how amazing gingerbread cookies are, but what about gingerbread muffins? These are my new favourite thing to make! Imagine the flavours of gingerbread cookies, but in a soft, fluffy muffin. To top these off I also used some leftover gingerbread cookie dough to add in extra ginger flavour.
These muffins are quick and easy to make, and are a perfect cosy afternoon snack or brunch addition.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Gingerbread Muffins?
To make this easy muffin recipe you will need plain flour, baking powder, light brown sugar, golden syrup, unsalted butter, 2 eggs, ground ginger, ground nutmeg and some optional gingerbread cookie dough.
Easy Spiced Gingerbread Muffins
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 225 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams light brown sugar
- 100 grams golden syrup
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50 grams raw gingerbread dough optional
- Preheat your oven to 190º C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the golden syrup and mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a jug and add to the mixture, one by one, mixing well.
- Add the flour, nutmeg, ginger and baking powder. Mix until only just combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Distribute the mix between the muffin wrappers. You can use an ice cream scoop for even muffins, or just use a spoon. Whatever works for you! Sprinkle some of the gingerbread cookie dough topping on each muffin if using.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 175º C and bake for a further 10-12 minutes. The muffins are ready when they're golden on top, and when you insert a toothpick into the muffin it will come out clean.
You don’t have to use gingerbread cookie dough as a topping – a drizzle of dark chocolate will add a decadent touch.
For more muffin recipes, why not try Apple and Cinnamon Muffins, Spiced Pumpkin Muffins Recipe or Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins?
How Long Do These Muffins Store?
Stored in an air tight container, these pumpkin muffins should last for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the muffins – simply pop them in a tub and they should keep for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw out before eating – they should take about an hour. Be aware that freezing and thawing muffins may cause the muffin wrappers to peel away from the actual muffins however.