This classic choc chip cookie recipe is a family favourite for good reason. Whenever I make these, they vanish quickly because they are so moreish! This is also a really easy no-chill cookie recipe, meaning these choc chip cookies are quick to make.
I love to make these cookies with my little girl. They’re really simple to make, especially if you use a stand mixer as you can just throw everything in the bowl and let the mixer do the work. Because they are quick to make, these choc chip cookies make a great option for bake sales or neighbour gifts too. Here’s the recipe for these simple cookies.
Choc Chip Cookie Recipe
- Greaseproof Paper
- Baking Sheet
- 280 grams plain flour
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams chocolate chips
- 170 grams light brown sugar
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 ºF or 190 ºC and line a couple of baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, mix the butter, caster sugar, and brown sugar until all is combined well.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix some more, but make sure not to over whisk the egg.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto your prepared baking trays. Make sure to give the cookies space because they will spread out.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until light brown. Then let them cool off for 3-5 minutes on the baking tray and then place them on a wired rack to cool off completely for at least 20 minutes.
How Long Will These Cookies Store?
Pop them in an airtight box and these cookies should be good for 3-5 days after baking.
Easy Cookies Recipes:
You might also like to try
Easy Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Honey and Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread
I’d love to see if you make these! Find me on Instagram @adozensundays 🙂