This classic choc chip cookie recipe is a family favourite for good reason. Whenever I make these, they vanish quickly because they are so moreish! This is also a really easy no-chill cookie recipe, meaning these choc chip cookies are quick to make.
I love to make these cookies with my little girl. They’re really simple to make, especially if you use a stand mixer as you can just throw everything in the bowl and let the mixer do the work. Because they are quick to make, these choc chip cookies make a great option for bake sales or neighbour gifts too. Here’s the recipe for these simple cookies.
Psst…see those links? They’re Amazon affiliate links – if you click them and purchase something, I may get a tiny commission (enough for a cuppa, maybe? ☕️) at no cost to you. I only recommend products I genuinely love, so you’re in good hands!
Choc Chip Cookie Recipe
- 280 grams plain flour
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams chocolate chips
- 170 grams light brown sugar
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 ºF or 190 ºC and line a couple of baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, mix the butter, caster sugar, and brown sugar until all is combined well.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix some more, but make sure not to over whisk the egg.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto your prepared baking trays. Make sure to give the cookies space because they will spread out.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until light brown. Then let them cool off for 3-5 minutes on the baking tray and then place them on a wired rack to cool off completely for at least 20 minutes.
How Long Will These Cookies Store?
Pop them in an airtight box and these cookies should be good for 3-5 days after baking.
Easy Cookies Recipes:
You might also like to try
I’d love to see if you make these! Find me on Instagram @adozensundays 🙂