The taste of hot chocolate, in a cookie! These delicious hot chocolate cookies are so cosy and warming, and they are delicious still warm while the marshmallow is all gooey. They taste just like hot chocolate in a cup, but in a cookie, and who doesn’t like hot chocolate? (Well, me actually. I don’t like all things milky, but these cookies are the best parts of hot chocolate without the milk!). Imagine soft, crumbly cookies with a creamy chocolate taste, topped with marshmallows, and you’ve got these easy to make cookies.
These cookies are ideal for baking in winter, and you could easily bake a batch and gift them to friends or neighbours as edible Christmas gifts.
Here’s the recipe for these easy hot chocolate cookies with marshmallows.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Hot Cocoa Cookies?
To make these delicious cookies, you will need butter, hot chocolate powder, golden caster sugar, 1 egg, plain flour, baking powder, milk chocolate chips, vanilla extract and mini marshmallows.
Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Greaseproof Paper
- 115 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams hot chocolate powder
- 100 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 150 grams plain flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 grams mini marshmallows
- Line a couple of baking sheets with baking paper and put to one side for now.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer cream together the butter and the sugar until smooth.
- Crack the egg in a separate jug and add into the mix, along with the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and hot chocolate powder and mix until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or melon baller (or even just spoons if you don’t have these to hand), scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. They will spread when baking.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour (the cookie dough, not you. You can chill with a cup of tea)
- After 45 minutes, preheat the oven to 350 ºF or 175 ºC. Remove the cookies from the fridge and gently press them down a bit.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then add the marshmallows. Bake for a further 4 minutes, until the marshmallows start to toast.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking sheets.
You can easily double the recipe to make a bigger batch of cookies.
What’s The Best Way to Store Cookies?
These cookies are best stored at room temperature in an airtight container and should keep for up to a week.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
You might also like to try some other easy cookie recipes:
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Honey and Lavender Shortbread Cookies